SelfDecode offers DNA testing and analysis to help people optimize their health. Read on to find out what features are available, how it works, and how much does SelfDecode cost.
SelfDecode was founded in 2016 by current CEO Joe Cohen, owner and founder of the wellness blog SelfHacked. The team at SelfDecode has been growing steadily ever since and includes doctors, pharmacists, and biologists who are committed to helping people take control of their health.
Learn more about the company in this comprehensive SelfDecode review.
SelfDecode offers a DNA testing kit for health and ancestry and uses polygenic analysis to look at all the relevant SNPs for a particular health topic and provides diet, lifestyle, and supplement recommendations based on DNA. They offer over 300 DNA health & trait reports that cover a wide range of health topics.
If you already have access to your raw genetic data, you can upload your DNA file to SelfDecode to get started for free before committing to a plan.
For the DNA analysis, SelfDecode uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to predict and analyze up to 83 million genetic variants from a typical DNA file.
If you had your DNA tested before, you can upload your DNA file to SelfDecode for free to get started. You’ll receive your genetic predisposition scores and personalized health recommendations based on your genes.
The annual subscription from SelfDecode gives you access to over 300 DNA Health and Traits Reports. With this membership, users also have access to the following features:
- Unlimited access to 1,500+ health and wellness blog posts on SelfHacked, ad-free
- Access to SelfDecode Labs, which analyzes and gives tailored insights into over 1,500 lab markers
- Lifestyle Assessments
- Personalized all-in-one supplement formula
- Gene & SNP explorer
- And more!
SelfDecode offers special plans for health professionals. These include:
- Unlimited DNA wellness reports downloads per client
- Unlimited lab test upload and analysis
- 1:1 onboarding call
- Free advertising on SelfDecode
- Exclusive pricing on DNA kits
- Priority support contact
- Custom dashboard to easily manage and switch between client profiles
- Ability to compare clients genetic files
If you already had your DNA tested, you can get started with SelfDecode for free. The SelfDecode annual subscription costs $99 per year. You can cancel at any time.
For those who need a DNA test, SelfDecode offers two options:
- DNA kit + Health Insights for $199 (then $99/year after the first year – cancel anytime). It includes:
- 250+ Health reports
- 50+ Trait Reports
- Comprehensive diet, nutrition & fitness reports
- 600+ Personalized genetic blog posts
- Lab Analyzer, tracker & recommendations
- Personalized supplement formula
- SNP & gene explorer
- Custom health regimen tool
- Lifestyle analyzer
- DNA kit + Health & Ancestry Insights for $249 (then $99/year after the first year – cancel anytime). It includes everything above, plus detailed ancestry reports.
Payments are processed by reputable and secure payment processing companies such as Stripe and Paypal.
Health professionals can choose from three different plans, all of which include the features listed above:
- Pro Starter ($299/year): 7 clients per year
- Pro Premium ($999/year): 25 clients per year
- Pro Business ($3,499/year): 100 clients per year
SelfDecode reviews are very positive. Customers are extremely satisfied with the extensive information available on the DNA wellness reports.
Trustpilot – 565 Customer Average Rating of 4.8 of 5 stars
Many reviewers praise SelfDecode for their customer service, which they say is very helpful. Customers are satisfied with the quality and quantity of information available in their DNA reports and comment on how they are easy to understand.
DNAtestingchoice – 10 Customer Average Rating of 4.6 of 5 stars
Reviewers approve of SelfDecode’s detailed reports and science-based approach. Customers also appreciate that the genetic reports are presented in a user-friendly way and with accessible language.
The table below shows a comparison between SelfDecode cost and features and other DNA testing companies:
|Personalized & holistic health recommendations||Yes||No||No||No|
|Products||DNA testing, wellness reports, health recommendations, patient and provider options, lab test analyzer, ancestry||DNA testing, wellness reports, ancestry reports||DNA analysis, health reports||DNA testing, diet reports|
|Offers DNA tests||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|DNA upload||Yes||No||Yes||Yes, from 23andMe and Ancestry only|
|Raw data access||Yes||Yes||N/A||No|
|Cost (USD)||Free DNA upload
Plans fro $99-$249
|$99 – $199||$12||$69 – $189|
DNA testing is becoming more and more popular. How do SelfDecode prices compare to other genetic companies?
You can upload your DNA to SelfDecode for free to receive personalized health insights and recommendations. A subscription costs as low as $99/year. SelfDecode does not require users to have their DNA tested again, unlike other DNA testing companies.
Among the valuable features offered by SelfDecode, their new updated platform is one to take note of. Their algorithm accurately predicts and analyzes up to 83 million genetic variants to deliver truly personalized health recommendations to help users take control of their health and provides detailed ancestry insights.
- SelfDecode Review: How to hack and optimize your health
- How Much Is A DNA Test?
- Top 10 Sites To Upload Your Raw DNA Data