- Products: Complete sensitivity and essential sensitivity tests, DNA testing.
- Cost: $26 to $100.
- Reports: Sensitivity Reports, Nutrition & Fitness DNA Report.
- Raw data access: No.
- Privacy: Check My Body Health claims not to sell or give any of your information to third parties for any purpose.
- Alternatives: SelfDecode – The best option for health-focused DNA analysis with personalized reports, symptom analysis, and health recommendations.
- Available in several countries.
- They claim to answer inquiries about your results via email or chat.
- The hair sample collection is non-invasive and easy to do.
- Bioresonance testing is still considered pseudoscience by mainstream medicine.
- Many users report delayed testing beyond the promised 3-5 day period as well as poor response to questions via chat.
- Only offers DNA testing in the UK.
Check My Body Health is the subsidiary brand under Global Health Tests Limited which was incorporated in January 2019 and is based in Northampton, UK. They operate separate websites for different regions such as Australia, New Zealand, The United Kingdom, Ireland, and the USA/Canada.
The company uses a Functional Medicine approach and their food sensitivity tests use a technology called bioresonance. This uses a small sample of your hair to check your body’s reaction to a broad range of food and drinks, sweeteners, colorings, metals, vitamins & minerals, and other environmental factors.
Check My Body Health does not send you a collection kit. Instead, after you make your purchase online, you will send in your hair sample to one of the 5 locations worldwide. After a 3-5 day analysis period, you will receive your results.
One of the two products is the Complete Sensitivity Test which tests 970 items in these categories:
- Food sensitivities
- Non-food sensitivities
- Metal sensitivities
- Mineral analysis
- Vitamins A-K
- Gut health
- Additives, colorings, sweeteners, emulsifiers
The other product is the Essential Sensitivity Test which tests 400 items in these categories:
- Food & Drink
- Environmental Sensitivity
- Heavy Metals
- Vitamins A-K
The Couples version includes two tests, and the Family version includes 4 tests. Once the analysis is complete, you will receive your Sensitivity Results in PDF format.
Their UK site offers a DNA test performed by myDNA, you can check out our review here.
The results report starts with an explainer of sensitivities vs allergies, and that hair testing does not test antibody levels and therefore cannot be used to test for allergies. The next section explains how bioresonance therapy is considered a “complementary and alternative medicine” (CAM) which falls outside of conventional medicine or healthcare.
With those disclaimers out of the way, you are then shown your personal food sensitivities.
Food sensitivities overview – High Reactivity
Food sensitivities overview – Moderate Reactivity
Food sensitivities overview – Detailed Analysis
Each category follows this format, a high reactivity list followed by a moderate reactivity list, then a detailed analysis.
After all of the category lists, you are then guided on how to do an elimination diet.
The Check My Body Health UK site offers the MyDNA Nutrition, Fitness and Vitamins test. This product includes a nutrition and fitness plan and has its own mobile app. You can check out our review of MyDNA here.
Both sensitivity tests have Single, Couples, and Family options.
Complete Sensitivity Test:
- Complete Sensitivity – $36.00
- Complete Sensitivity Couples – $57.60
- Complete Sensitivity Family – $100.80
Essential Sensitivity Test:
- Essential Sensitivity – $26.00
- Essential Sensitivity Couples – $41.60
- Essential Sensitivity Family – $72.80
Your sensitivity report gives you a list of food, non-food, minerals, and vitamins which you can systematically eliminate from your diet and environment. Whether or not eliminating these items will improve your health is debatable.
Despite providing a generic guide on how to go through an elimination diet, Check My Body Health does not give you a personalized action plan based on your results.
The evidence they provide on their website does not cover their analysis technique for hair samples, and there little to no evidence for it being a repeatable test (ie. you could run the same test twice on the same hair and get wildly different results).
Check My Body Health does not take information from your hair sample other than that of your intolerances. After this, these details are stored and the sample is destroyed. The company claims that the results of a customer’s analysis will never be shared with a third party without consent.
“Your DNA sample and data remain your property, are stored on secure encrypted services, can be destroyed anytime at your request, and will never be shared without your consent.”
Additionally, their site states, “myDNA’s analysis is limited to only the DNA markers they report on. Your results won’t include diseases, can’t be used to identify you, nor will they have any bearing towards insurance policies.”
- SelfDecode delivers natural supplement, diet, and lifestyle suggestions based on your genes that you can implement right away. Check My Body Health will give you a list of food and non-food items that you may be sensitive to.
- SelfDecode tells you why they make each recommendation so that you can understand the science behind the suggestion. Check My Body Health does not explain the science behind their suggestions.
- SelfDecode prioritizes recommendations based on their analysis of all the relevant genes instead of one gene at a time (through reports). Check My Body Health displays a list of foods and substances to eliminate from your diet and environment.
- SelfDecode takes a holistic approach to give recommendations that are best for your genes AND the health topic. Check My Body Health gives general, rather than holistic, recommendations.
- SelfDecode has the world’s first and only personalized genetics blog that allows you to get new gene-based recommendations daily. Check My Body Health does not offer a personalized blog at this time.
- SelfDecode is the most comprehensive and looks at more genes & SNPs (over 150,000) to deliver the best analysis of genetic risks. Check My Body Health looks at the bioresonance hair testing results to generate a list of items to eliminate from your diet and environment. They only offer DNA testing in the UK.
- SelfDecode supports everything with peer-reviewed scientific studies in their research and checks for contradicting information. Check My Body Health does not list scientific studies in their reports.
- SelfDecode never sells your data or gives it away. Check My Body Health claims not to sell or give any of your information to any third parties for any purposes.
|Check My Body Health||Test Your Intolerance|
|Personalized & holistic health recommendations|
Yes, but not holistic
|Personalized blog posts|
DNA testing, wellness reports, research-based personalized blog posts, health recommendations, patient and provider options
|Complete sensitivity and Essential sensitivity tests||Allergy and intolerance tests, DNA wellness testing|
At-home finger-prick tests for food sensitivities
|Raw data access|
$97 – $389
|$22.60 – $108.20||$29 – $199|
$190 – $365
Trust Mamma – 21 Customers Average Rating – 2.0 of 5 stars
The majority of the customers on Trust Mamma complained about the inaccuracies of the tests as well as the lengthy turnaround times for the test itself. Some users reported taking the test and then taking it again 3 months later, and getting completely different results.
Trustpilot – 194 Users Average Rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars
74% of Trustpilot users rated Check My Body Health with 5 stars citing good customer service and useful information. An alarming 22% rated it 1 star only, claiming lengthy delays with shipping and wildly inaccurate sensitivity reporting.
SelfDecode: The best option for health-focused DNA analysis with personalized reports and recommendations to improve your quality of life.
Check My Body Health offers a novel method to analyze your body’s sensitivities. While this method may be pseudoscience at the moment, the elimination diet approach is a valid one for dealing with food sensitivities.
Check My Body Health’s recommendations are limited to the findings of your bioresonance testing from your hair sample. To get more complete and personalized health recommendations, additional health indicators should be considered.
If you believe in bioresonance testing, then this may provide you with some results that you deem useful. However, the evidence against this style of testing is large and it is important to do some reading from trustworthy sources before drastically restricting your diet based on these results. This should be made more obvious for people that might not know that this test is very unsupported by medical and laboratory bodies and this information should not be reported as 100% fact.
An alternative such as SelfDecode provides you with science-backed and comprehensive holistic health reports based on your DNA in addition to a personalized genetics blog to help you take control of your health. Check out our Food Sensitivity Report, one of over 30 customized DNA Wellness Reports available with SelfDecode.