- Products: Complete sensitivity and essential sensitivity tests, DNA testing.
- Cost: $26 to $100.
- Reports: Sensitivity Reports, Nutrition & Fitness DNA Report.
- Raw data access: No.
- Privacy: Check My Body Health claims not to sell or give any of your information to third parties for any purpose.
- Alternatives: SelfDecode – Get personalized diet, lifestyle, and supplement recommendations based on your DNA and labs.
- Available in several countries.
- The hair sample collection is non-invasive and easy to do.
- Bioresonance testing is still considered pseudoscience by mainstream medicine.
- Many users report delayed testing beyond the promised 3-5 day period as well as poor response to questions via chat.
- Only offers DNA testing in the UK.
- Limited to no personalized health recommendations.
Check My Body Health is the subsidiary brand under Global Health Tests Limited which was incorporated in January 2019 and is based in Northampton, UK. They operate separate websites for different regions such as Australia, New Zealand, The United Kingdom, Ireland, and the USA/Canada.
Their food sensitivity tests use a technology called bioresonance. This uses a small sample of your hair to check your body’s reaction to a broad range of food and drinks, sweeteners, colorings, metals, vitamins & minerals, and other environmental factors.
Check My Body Health does not send you a collection kit. Instead, after you make your purchase online, you will send in your hair sample to one of the 5 locations worldwide. After a 3-5 day analysis period, you will receive your results.
One of the two products is the Complete Sensitivity Test which tests 970 items in these categories:
- Food sensitivities
- Non-food sensitivities
- Metal sensitivities
- Mineral analysis
- Vitamins A-K
- Gut health
- Additives, colorings, sweeteners, emulsifiers
The other product is the Essential Sensitivity Test which tests 400 items in these categories:
- Food & Drink
- Environmental Sensitivity
- Heavy Metals
- Vitamins A-K
The Couples version includes two tests, and the Family version includes 4 tests. Once the analysis is complete, you will receive your Sensitivity Results in PDF format.
Keep in mind that the company uses bioresonance testing, which lacks sufficient clinical papers regarding intolerances and allergies. Hair tests can often yield different results, which can make you question the reliability of the test.
Their UK site offers a DNA test performed by another company, myDNA.
The results report starts with an explainer of sensitivities vs allergies, and that hair testing does not test antibody levels and therefore cannot be used to test for allergies. The next section explains how bioresonance therapy is considered a “complementary and alternative medicine” (CAM) which falls outside of conventional medicine or healthcare.
With those disclaimers out of the way, you are then shown your personal food sensitivities. You can view a sample report below.
Food sensitivities overview – High Reactivity
Check My Body Health displays your results according to the level of reactivity. As seen in the example above, you are given a list of high reactivity foods, which they claim might be causing or contributing to physical symptoms. They recommend that the user remove these items from their diet, but they do not provide a personalized plan you can follow to reduce your symptoms.
The report also comes with a list encompassing all food items, which is color coded according to the reactivity level:
- Red: High Reactivity
- Orange: Moderate Reactivity
- Green: Low Reactivity
You can view a this section of the report below.
Food sensitivities overview – Detailed Analysis
Each category follows this format, a high reactivity list followed by a moderate reactivity list, then a detailed analysis. The Detailed Analysis section merely includes a list of the foods and items tested, and how you reacted to each one. They do not provide personalized health recommendations in this section.
After all of the category lists, you are then guided on how to do an elimination diet. However, this guide is not tailored to your results, and this section of the report is not very detailed. Some customers shared that the information they received from Check My Body Health about the elimination diet was insufficient.
You can view a snippet of the Elimination Diet Guide provided by the company below.
Overall, the reports are simplistic and do not help guide the user on how to use their results to optimize their health and address their health issues.
The Check My Body Health UK site offers the myDNA Nutrition, Fitness and Vitamins test. This product includes a nutrition and fitness plan and has its own mobile app. You can check out our review of myDNA reports for more information.
Both sensitivity tests have Single, Couples, and Family options.
Complete Sensitivity Test:
- Complete Sensitivity – $36.00
- Complete Sensitivity Couples – $57.60
- Complete Sensitivity Family – $100.80
Essential Sensitivity Test:
- Essential Sensitivity – $26.00
- Essential Sensitivity Couples – $41.60
- Essential Sensitivity Family – $72.80
Your sensitivity report gives you a list of food, non-food, minerals, and vitamins which you can systematically eliminate from your diet and environment. Whether or not eliminating these items will improve your health is debatable.
Despite providing a generic guide on how to go through an elimination diet, it is simplistic and not detailed. Check My Body Health does not give you a personalized action plan based on your results. The reports will only tell you which foods and other items you might have a sensitivity to, but no guidance on what to do with your results.
The evidence they provide on their website does not cover their analysis technique for hair samples, and there little to no evidence for it being a repeatable test (ie. you could run the same test twice on the same hair and get wildly different results).
Check My Body Health does not take information from your hair sample other than that of your intolerances. After this, these details are stored and the sample is destroyed. The company claims that the results of a customer’s analysis will never be shared with a third party without consent.
“Your DNA sample and data remain your property, are stored on secure encrypted services, can be destroyed anytime at your request, and will never be shared without your consent.”
Additionally, their site states, “myDNA’s analysis is limited to only the DNA markers they report on. Your results won’t include diseases, can’t be used to identify you, nor will they have any bearing towards insurance policies.”
- SelfDecode delivers natural supplement, diet, and lifestyle suggestions based on your genes that you can implement right away. Check My Body Health will give you a list of food and non-food items that you may be sensitive to, but no detailed guidance on what to do about your results.
- SelfDecode tells you why they make each recommendation so that you can understand the science behind the suggestion. Check My Body Health does not explain the science behind their suggestions.
- SelfDecode prioritizes recommendations based on their analysis of all the relevant genes instead of one gene at a time (through reports). Check My Body Health displays a list of foods and substances to eliminate from your diet and environment.
- SelfDecode takes a holistic approach to give recommendations that are best for your genes AND the health topic. Check My Body Health gives general, rather than holistic, recommendations.
- SelfDecode has a team of over 60 highly skilled scientists, MDs, PhDs, NDs, and software engineers to make sure they deliver the most accurate and science-based health information. Check My Body Health uses bioresonance testing, which lacks sufficient clinical papers to support it.
- SelfDecode is the most comprehensive and looks at more genes & SNPs (up 83 million) and lab markers (over 1,000) to deliver the best analysis of health risks. Check My Body Health only offers DNA testing in the UK, which only looks at a few genes and SNPs per report.
- SelfDecode supports everything with peer-reviewed scientific studies in their research and checks for contradicting information. Check My Body Health does not list scientific studies in their reports.
- SelfDecode never sells your data or gives it away. Check My Body Health claims not to sell or give any of your information to any third parties for any purposes.
|Check My Body Health||Test Your Intolerance||
|Personalized & holistic health recommendations||
Yes, but not holistic
|Genes & lab markers analyzed||
Up to 83 million genetic variants and over 1,000 lab markers
|970 food and non-food items||Up to 800 food and non-food items and 7 genes||
Up to 270 food items
DNA and lab testing, wellness reports, research-based health recommendations, lab test analyzer, professional plans
|Bioresonance testing, food sensitivities reports||Allergy and intolerance tests, DNA wellness testing||
At-home finger-prick tests for food sensitivities
|Raw data access||
$97 – $396
|$22 – $108||$29 – $199||
$190 – $365
Trust Mamma – 21 Customers Average Rating of 2.0 of 5 stars
The majority of the customers on Trust Mamma complained about the inaccuracies of the tests as well as the lengthy turnaround times for the test itself. Some users reported taking the test and then taking it again 3 months later, and getting completely different results.
Trustpilot – 421 Users Average Rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars
70% of Trustpilot users rated Check My Body Health with 5 stars citing good customer service and useful information. An alarming 23% rated it 1 star only, claiming lengthy delays with shipping and wildly inaccurate sensitivity reporting. One custorer reports that the information provided on the elimination diet was insufficient.
- SelfDecode: The best option for health-focused DNA analysis with personalized reports and recommendations to improve your quality of life. SelfDecode looks at the full picture of your health by analyzing up to 83 million genetic variants, accompanied by meticulous explanations and individualized health suggestions that take into account all relevant genomic data.
Check My Body Health offers an alternative method to analyze your body’s sensitivities. While this method may be pseudoscience at the moment, the elimination diet approach is a valid one for dealing with food sensitivities. However, some customers reported the information they received from the company on how to approach the elimination diet was insufficient.
Check My Body Health’s recommendations are limited to the findings of your bioresonance testing from your hair sample. To get more complete and personalized health recommendations, additional health indicators should be considered.
The evidence against this style of testing is large and it is important to do some reading from trustworthy sources before drastically restricting your diet based on these results. This should be made more obvious for people that might not know that this test is very unsupported by medical and laboratory bodies and this information should not be reported as 100% fact.
An alternative such as SelfDecode provides you with science-backed and comprehensive holistic health reports based on your DNA to help you take control of your health. SelfDecode is the only direct-to-consumer genetic analysis company that is using AI and machine learning to analyze up to 83 million genetic variants in total and using that information to bring you more than just generalized health insights.
For comparison, most DNA companies analyze 5-10 of the most common genetic variants in any given health report. SelfDecode is now analyzing up to 1 million+ per DNA report!
But that’s not the only thing that makes SelfDecode stand out. Your DNA alone doesn’t provide you with the full picture of your health – your lab tests, DNA, and environmental data are also used to generate the ultimate risk score for a wide array of health concerns.
SelfDecode is providing you with prioritized recommendations that will have an impact on your health, so you have the power to lower and even reverse your risks based on your DNA. The wide variety of DNA reports gives you a much more comprehensive view into your health – so you can start making better health choices starting today.
- What Is The Best DNA Test Kit? The Ultimate Guide
- What Is The Best DNA Test For Diet?
- FITLabs Review: At-Home Tests For Food Sensitivities?