- Products: DNA tests for health and wellness.
- Cost: Test prices range from $157 to $338.
- Reports: Health and wellness reports.
- Raw data access: No.
- Privacy: New Life Genetics claims not to share personal information with third parties.
- Alternatives: SelfDecode provides personalized health recommendations through detailed reports with just one DNA test.
- The company offers a wide variety of health and wellness tests.
- The reports are available in English, Danish, and Spanish.
- Ships to 35 countries.
- Each report requires a separate DNA test.
- After 120 days, the report is deleted from the platform and users can no longer access it.
- The reports do not cover any serious health conditions.
New Life Genetics is a DNA testing company founded in 2014 in Denmark. Their team of scientists specializes in genetics, health, fitness, and nutrition. They aim to help people understand their genetics and provide tools to help them improve their quality of life.
Their database consists of hundreds of DNA sequences that have been published by scholars around the globe, including the NCBI GenBank.
New Life Genetics features DNA test kits that contain two cheek swab tubes for saliva samples, one pair of gloves, test instructions, and a prepaid return envelope. The company provides a detailed step-by-step guide of how users should collect their samples.
They offer a wide variety of tests focused on health and wellness, which are listed below.
- Fitness Female: Gives information on sports, fat burning, diet, metabolism, vitamins, and more.
- Fitness Male: Covers topics related to overall fitness such as sports, muscle building, fat burning.
- Obesity & Weight Loss: Helps users understand how their genotype is related to weight. For those who have or are approaching overweight or obese status.
- Talent: Informs on skills and talents related to the genotype.
- Skin & Acne: Presents the user’s genetic predisposition to acne.
- Baby & Kids Test: Offers information about the child’s genetic potential.
- Stress: Examines the DNA to identify genetic variants associated with stress response.
Users have 60 days to perform the test at home and send it to the laboratory. Each report requires a different DNA test.
The reports are delivered via PDF, and users will receive an email with a link to their report as soon as it is available. The results are ready in 20 business days.
The Fitness reports include information on the best diet type for each individual based on their genetic profile, and it includes nutrient needs and macronutrient breakdown, as shown in the screenshot below.
Both male and female Fitness tests include Obesity & Weight Loss and Skin & Acne reports.
Obesity & Weight Loss offers advice on how to counteract any genetic predisposition related to weight gain. It informs which type of physical activity is best for weight loss based on the user’s genotype.
The report also includes a list of accessible foods that can aid weight loss and which foods to include or exclude from the diet.
The Skin & Acne report focuses on the intake and absorption of vitamins A, C, and B6, and how the use of cosmetics can affect the skin.
The DNA test for Baby & Kids shares knowledge about which of the child’s health areas deserve special attention. It includes predisposition to allergies, immunity, dental caries, and food intolerances.
New Life Genetics will store the reports online for 120 days to comply with EU Data Protection laws, after which they will be deleted. Users can no longer access the reports after it has been deleted, but the company allows them to download the file while it is available. Below is a screenshot of how their online platform looks.
The company does not provide sample reports, but they claim they are written in accessible language that is easy to understand. They are available in English, Danish, and Spanish (not all reports).
New Life Genetics’ prices vary depending on the test, and they are listed below.
- Fitness Female ($259)
- Fitness Male ($338)
- Obesity & Weight Loss ($260)
- Talent ($247)
- Skin & Acne ($157)
- Baby & Kids Test ($282)
- Stress ($259)
New Life Genetics claims to provide recommendations tailored to each individual through their reports. They cover nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle aspects to help their customers live better lives.
The reports include recommendations on which foods the user should consume or avoid to achieve optimal health, and how the body metabolizes certain nutrients. The company claims they cannot answer any questions regarding the results because they are confidential and the staff cannot access the information.
New Life Genetics states they do not provide any information about more serious health conditions such as the risk of cancer or Alzheimer’s Disease.
New Life Genetics claims not to share personal information with third parties, except if it is needed to provide their services. They state that the genetic data is stored under a unique serial ID and not the user’s name.
Customers can choose to delete their report and data at any time, but the company states that after the report is deleted, it can no longer be accessed.
The DNA samples are destroyed after the results are generated. The Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Denmark, and any dispute will be resolved in their courts.
- SelfDecode delivers natural supplements, diet, and lifestyle suggestions based on your genes that you can implement right away. New Life Genetics claims to offers dietary, exercise, and lifestyle recommendations.
- SelfDecode tells you why they make each recommendation so that you can understand the science behind the suggestion. New Life Genetics explains which genes or variants are connected to the trait analyzed.
- SelfDecode prioritizes recommendations based on their analysis of all the relevant genes instead of one gene at a time (through reports). It is unclear how New Life Genetics presents their reports.
- SelfDecode takes a holistic approach to give recommendations that are best for your genes AND the health topic. New Life Genetics offers reports on different wellness areas, but each topic requires a separate test.
- SelfDecode has a team of over 60 highly skilled scientists, MDs, PhDs, NDs, and software engineers to make sure they deliver the most accurate and science-based health information. New Life Genetics claims their team consists of scientists specialized in nutrition.
- SelfDecode is the most comprehensive and looks at more genes & SNPs. SelfDecode uses AI and machine learning to predict and analyze up to 83 million variants to deliver the best analysis of genetic risks. New Life Genetics requires separate DNA tests for each report, and it is unclear how many genes they analyzer per report.
- SelfDecode supports everything with peer-reviewed scientific studies in their research and checks for contradicting information. It is unclear if New Life Genetics includes scientific references in their reports.
- SelfDecode never sells your data or gives it away. New Life Genetics claims not to share personal information with third parties.
|New Life Genetics||24Genetics||
Personalized & holistic health recommendations
One-click regimen builder
|DNA testing, wellness reports, health recommendations, lab test analyzer||DNA testing, health and wellness reports||DNA testing, WGS, WES, health, wellness, and ancestry reports||
DNA testing, health and wellness reports
Raw data access
|$97 – $387||$157 – $338||$57 – $2,300||
$99 – $199
There aren’t many New Life Genetics reviews available. 3 DNAtestingchoice users rated the company 4 of 5 stars. They found the information they received to be useful and commend the company for their professionalism.
SelfDecode: A health-focused DNA test that delivers personalized health recommendations through detailed reports and a genetics blog.
New Life Genetics is a Danish DNA testing company that focuses on health and wellness. They cover topics such as fitness, nutrition, and general health, but they do not analyze serious health conditions. The website does not provide much information about how many genes or SNPs they analyze or how the test is performed, so it is unclear the extent of information provided in the reports.
While the company offers a wide variety of genetic tests users can choose from, each one requires a separate sample collection and analysis. Each report can take up to 20 business days to be ready, so this can add up if you wish to take multiple tests.
With just one DNA test, SelfDecode analyzes up to 83 million variants to give your genetic risk score through detailed wellness reports in over 25 health topics, all supported by scientific evidence. Then, SelfDecode provides personalized diet, lifestyle, and supplement recommendations that are prioritized to your unique DNA.
- 24Genetics Review: What Can a DNA Health Test Tell You?
- LifeDNA Review: Can a DNA Test Help You Be Healthier?