- Products: DNA tests for nutrition and supplement recommendations.
- Cost: The DNA test prices range from $259 to $899.
- Reports: Wellness, fitness, and skincare reports.
- Raw data access: The company does not make any statement about raw genetic data downloading.
- Privacy: Üforia Science may share personal information in certain situations such as with affiliates and business partners.
- Alternatives: SelfDecode offers personalized diet, lifestyle, and supplement recommendations based on DNA.
- The company offers a supplement subscription
- The reports are easy to understand
- The DNA tests are expensive
- Supplements can cost $200/month
- No raw genetic data upload option
- Only tests 18 SNPs related to nutrition
- Multi-level marketing company
Üforia Science is a multi-level marketing company founded in November of 2018 by current CEO Ron Williams. They focus on providing supplements to help their clients improve their health and overall well-being.
The company claims that their products and services are based on scientific research that started in 1994. They are based out of Utah, and their products are available in the US, Canada, and Australia.
Üforia Science offers DNA tests that require a saliva sample. The company tests 18 SNPs related to nutrition and claims to use genetic results to generate custom supplement formulas.
Users receive a 30-day supply of PreTrition with the DNA test kit. According to the company, PreTrition is a standard supplement to help their customers prepare their bodies for their custom Ütrition formula.
Based on the genetic results, Üforia Science claims to create a personalized supplement, the Ütrition, that takes into account an individual’s nutritional needs. Once the DNA report is completed and the user’s unique formula is created, the supplements can be ordered every month.
The company offers DNA reports for Wellness, Sports & Fitness, Skincare, and Weight Management.
Üforia Science also has an online platform, the ÜFit & ÜCusine, for dietary recommendations and fitness and training guidance. To get access to ÜFit & ÜCusine, users are required to pay a separate monthly fee.
The company offers two standalone products. The Ültrition Serum helps repair sun and age-damaged skin and improves skin firmness. The SHIELD:UB Immune Boost Drink is a standard supplement that supports overall health and wellness. These products are not personalized to the user.
Üforia Science’s Wellness Report will be reviewed here. The report includes a FAQ section and scientific background information, in addition to the personal genetic results.
The DNA results are presented in a table format containing the genes and SNPs tested and the health area they influence, shown below. The company only tests 18 SNPs related to nutrition.
As seen above, the results are presented in a color code system. The company explains how the results should be interpreted.
- Green: The user did not receive the variant from either of their parents.
- Yellow: One parent passed on the variant.
- Red: Both parents gave the user the variant.
In the next section of the report, the genes and SNPs are further explained regarding their function and importance. Additionally, the report delivers dietary recommendations, as seen below.
At the end of the report, Üforia Science displays the personalized Ütrition formula. The user can choose to purchase the supplement separately every month or subscribe to receive it automatically.
The recommendations from the report are not very detailed. For example, the company tells the user to include a certain nutrient in their diet, but they do not consistently specify which foods they should eat. The health insights are only based on a limited number of SNPs, so they might be inaccurate.
ÜFit & ÜCusine provides more in-depth information regarding diet and fitness. However, users need to pay an additional monthly fee to get access to this platform.
Üforia Science prices are listed below:
- Discovery Kit ($299)
- Discovery Premier Kit ($549)
- Ütrition Serum ($99 per 30mL bottle)
- SHIELD:UB Immune Boost Drink ($49 per package)
- PreTRITION ($199 for a one-month supply)
- Utrition ($199 for a one-month supply)
Users are charged a monthly fee of $19 for ÜFit & ÜCusine .
Üforia Science gives simplistic dietary recommendations in the reports and delivers monthly supplements to customers.
The report explains which nutrients can influence the genes tested, but most of the suggestions do not include specific food recommendations, and they are not very detailed. Health insights are based on a limited number of 18 SNPs, so they might be incomplete.
As stated before, the ÜFit & ÜCusine platform provides supplementary recipe tips and fitness guidelines, but the company charges a monthly fee in addition to the initial DNA test cost.
The company maintains that they are not responsible for the actions of these third parties. They claim to use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect personal information.
- SelfDecode delivers natural supplements, diet, and lifestyle suggestions based on your genes that you can implement right away. Üforia Science gives simplistic nutrition recommendations in the reports.
- SelfDecode tells you why they make each recommendation so that you can understand the science behind the suggestion. Üforia Science explains which nutrients can affect the genes tested.
- SelfDecode prioritizes recommendations based on their analysis of all the relevant genes instead of one gene at a time (through reports). Üforia Science does not prioritize their recommendations, which are only based on 18 SNPs.
- SelfDecode takes a holistic approach to give recommendations that are best for your genes AND the health topic. Üforia Science focuses on nutrition recommendations and supplements.
- SelfDecode has a team of over 60 highly skilled scientists, MDs, PhDs, NDs, and software engineers to make sure they deliver the most accurate and science-based health information. According to their website, Üforia Science’s advisory board is comprised of 8 MDs, PhDs, and PTs.
- SelfDecode is the most comprehensive and looks at more genes & SNPs. SelfDecode uses AI and machine learning to analyze up to 83 million variants to deliver the best analysis of genetic risks. Üforia Science only analyzes 18 SNPs related to nutrition to generate the reports.
- SelfDecode supports everything with peer-reviewed scientific studies in their research and checks for contradicting information. Üforia Science includes references in the reports, but they are not easily accessed from the results section.
- SelfDecode never sells your data or gives it away. Üforia Science may share personal information in certain situations such as to provide their services.
Personalized & holistic health recommendations
|Genes & gene variants analyzed||Up to 83 million genetic variants||18 SNPs||~30 genes||
Genes related to diet, exercise, and skin health
|DNA testing, wellness reports, lab test analyzer, patient and provider options||DNA testing, wellness, fitness, and skin reports, personalized supplements||DNA testing, health and fitness recommendations, vitamin delivery service||
Monthly supplements, supplement reports, diet, exercise, skin, and ancestry reports
Raw data access
|Cost (USD)||$97 – $389||$259 – $899+||$29 – $149+||
$29 – $269+
122 people on Facebook rated the company 4.8 of 5 stars. A few reviewers complain that the supplements are expensive, and one states that the supplements weren’t particularly helpful to them.
A few Reddit users question the validity of the products, with many saying Üforia Science is a scam.
The Behind MLM website talks about the products and explains the company’s compensation plans for their affiliates.
SelfDecode: Get personalized diet, lifestyle, and supplement recommendations through reports based on your DNA and labs.
Üforia Science only analyzes 18 actionable SNPs associated with nutrition to offer supplements to their customers. While the company does offer some limited health recommedation in the reports, they are simplistic and not very detailed. It’s also worth noting that many websites and online forums such as Reddit question the validity of the products.
The online platform ÜFit & ÜCusine is an additional resource for recipe and food suggestions and includes exercise videos from trainers. However, users need to pay a fee every month in addition to the DNA test and monthly supplements. Just a subscription to ÜFit & ÜCusine can cost over $200 per year, and this information is not personalized to the genetic results.
An analysis on 18 SNPs can be limiting to those truly looking to optimize their health. For a more holistic approach to health, SelfDecode is the only direct to consumer company that uses AI and machine learning to deliver personalized diet, lifestyle, and supplement recommendations based on your genes. SelfDecode analyzes up to 83 million genetic variants to deliver the most accurate health insights to help people improve their health.
- Nutrigenetics: Why Is It Important?
- Rootine Review: Are Personalized Nutrition Formulas Worth it?
- Endo·dna Review: Custom CBD Products Based on Your DNA?