Living DNA can offer you valuable information regarding your health and ancestry, but what else can you do with your raw data? Read on to learn how to use your Living DNA login information to access your account and download your raw DNA data.
About Living DNA
Living DNA was launched in 2016 in London. In 2018, the company announced a partnership with the British genealogy company Findmypast. You can read our comprehensive Living DNA review to learn more.
What to expect from your Living DNA results
Living DNA offers you three options for DNA testing:
- Ancestry: An advanced ancestry reports and DNA matches to help you connect with family members.
- Wellbeing: Over 10 wellbeing reports are included regarding fitness and nutrition.
- Ancestry & Wellbeing: In addition to your complete ancestry results, you’ll receive all wellbeing reports for fitness and nutrition.
Regardless of which test you choose, you can access your raw DNA data for free at any time.
Living DNA login: How to download your Living DNA raw data
Here, you’ll learn step-by-step how to use your Living DNA login information to sign in to your account and download your raw DNA data.
Before you can download your raw DNA data, you need to visit the company’s website and find the Living DNA login button on the upper right corner of your screen.
Step 2: Enter your Living DNA login information
After you click on ‘Login’, you’ll be redirected to the Living DNA login page where you can enter your information to access your account.
If you forgot your password, you can click on ‘Forgot Password’ to input the email address associated with your account so Living DNA can send you a link to reset your password.
Step 3: Go to Profiles to find your Living DNA raw data
After you enter your Living DNA login information and access your account, you’ll find a navigation menu on the left-hand side of your screen. To find your raw data, you can click on ‘Profiles’.
Step 4 Find the raw data file you want to download
On your ‘Profiles’ page, you can choose which DNA test you want to access and click on the download icon, which you’ll find on the right side of your screen.
After you choose a file to download, you’ll be redirected to the Download Raw Data page. Here, you’ll find some information about the file you’re about to download, including some privacy concerns.
Once you’ve read the information presented to you, you’ll need to mark a checkbox indicating you understand your responsibilities regarding your raw DNA data. Then, you can choose which file you wish to download (autosomal, mtDNA, or Y-DNA).
Step 5: Log out of your Living DNA account
After a Living DNA login, don’t forget to log out of your account.
On the left-hand side of your screen, you’ll find the option to sign out of your account.
Step 6: Upload your LivingDNA raw DNA file to SelfDecode for free
Your DNA consists of far more than just your ancestry. LivingDNA uses only a small percentage of your DNA file to give you ancestry information, so there’s still plenty of potential to be unlocked.
When it comes to your health, a company such as SelfDecode could be a good choice to further explore your DNA. SelfDecode helps people take control of their health with supplement, diet, and lifestyle recommendations based on their DNA and lab test results. With personalized reports and advanced search tools available instantly online, it allows you to make data-driven health decisions that are the best for your body.
SelfDecode uses cutting-edge AI and machine learning to accurately predict and analyze up to 83 million genetic variants from a typical DNA file such as LivingDNA’s.
Since you already learned how to log in to Living DNA and access your DNA file, you can upload your raw file straight into SelfDecode and get started right away for free.
Questions About SelfDecode
How does SelfDecode decide what health recommendations to give?
At SelfDecode, we look at all the relevant scientific research for a specific topic to determine which recommendations are best for the given topic (e.g. anxiety). Then, we look at your unique genotype to calculate your genetic predisposition for problems in that health area. Finally, we provide you with a prioritized list of recommendations that will help improve your specific gene function AND the general health topic.
How much does SelfDecode cost?
You can get started with SelfDecode for free. If you have access to your Living DNA file, you can upload it to SelfDecode to get access to your personalized health insights and recommendations based on your DNA.
To get unlimited access to all current and future reports, you can sign up for a subscription of SelfDecode and upload your DNA for R$99/year. For users who need a DNA kit, SelfDecode offers two options:
SelfDecode uses predictive algorithms to analyze around 83 million genetic variants (up to 1 million+ per wellness report), giving you the most accurate health & ancestry data based on your genetics.
What are the main tools included with SelfDecode subscription?
1. DNA wellness and traits reports – These comprehensive reports analyze your genes related to a specific wellness issue and give suggestions to help you optimize that health area. Discover your genetic predispositions and learn how to target your genes for better health.
2. Unlimited lab analysis – Just because your lab tests are in the “normal” range, it doesn’t always mean your results are optimal. Upload your past lab results to gain access to a database of over 1,500 lab markers with detailed explanations, and track your results with SelfDecode Labs, all included in your free plan.
3. Unlimited lifestyle assessments – Use your medical history and lifestyle, combined with other health information, to assess your environmental risk for various health conditions like anxiety, chronic fatigue, and many more.
4. Personalized all-in-one supplement formula – Discover a custom supplement formula designed to help you address your health issues based on your genetic variants.
5. SNP & Gene Explorer – Search our database of over 83M genes, SNPs, and health conditions.
6. Ancestry (Available only with Health + Ancestry Insights) – Get a detailed breakdown of your ancestry with percentages & trace your maternal lineage back through the age.
What health problems can SelfDecode help solve?
SelfDecode is a tool that helps you make sense of your own health data. SelfDecode analyzes more of your DNA (83 million genetic variants) compared to other companies, and you’ll also get prioritized and personalized health recommendations – while others may be providing you with generalized health insights that might not always work for you.
That’s why you can use SelfDecode to improve practically any health issue that you’re experiencing. When you combine the data in your genes, lab results and environment, with an accessible way to understand them, you’ll be able to reach levels of health optimization and achieve ease in your lifestyle that you never thought possible.
Takeaway: How to use your Living DNA login information to access your DNA file
Now that you learned how to use your Living DNA login information to access your account and download your raw file, you can use your DNA data to discover more about your health and ancestry.
When it comes to health, Living DNA offers limited options regarding nutrition and fitness, but not much else. For insights into how to improve your health based on your DNA, SelfDecode can present a much better option.
- 23andMe Login: How to access your DNA file
- Ancestry Login: How to access your DNA file
- FTDNA Login: How To Access Your FTDNA Raw Data
- My Heritage Login: How To Download Your Raw Data